EPIL is a leading testing, inspection, and certification company with over 20 unique laboratory and testing facilities. With an expertise built on almost 18 years of experience, our team of over 60 engineers and technical experts is recognized in Iran and the Middle East.
Through our modern testing facilities, we are among the leading organizations providing measurements and inspection, testing & certification and design review services to the global power industry. Technical innovation is at the heart of much of what we do. These include providing innovative, yet practical, answers to meet the electricity-related challenges of modern equipment and processes. We uniquely combine expertise in strategic and policy consultancy with comprehensive technical and technological know-how.
It is remarkable that because of the very close collaboration between EPIL and universities, the research and consulting services of this company are unique in Iran. EPIL has high technology equipment and well-trained and knowledgeable staff for performing a different type of tests including; Ex, IP, safety, Low Voltage, High Voltage, Temperature Rise, EMC, and Environmental tests. EPIL proves its competence as an independent testing service provider also by its accreditation certificate in accordance with ISO/IEC 17025.
EPIL operated through two divisions:
1. Testing and Certification EPIL has high technology equipment and well trained and knowledgeable staff for performing different types of tests including;
• Ex Equipment;
• Energy Meters;
• Water Meters;
• Medical Equipment;
• Telecommunication Equipment;
• Information Technology Equipment;
• Cables / Wires;
• Switches / Disconnectors;
• Compact Substations;
• Current Transformers / Voltage Transformers;
• Power Transformers;
• Electric Machines;
EPIL is the market leader in the testing and certification of electrical equipment in Iran. Tests are performed in accordance with international standards of IEC, ANSI, EN, DIN, ETSI, ASTM, and local standards and clients’ explicit requests. It is important to underline that product certificates and test reports from EPIL are recognized by utilities and electromechanical manufacturers and serve to verify:
• Products’ conformity to standards
• Functionality of new product design
• Compliance with safety requirements and EU Guidelines as a pre- requisite to obtain the CE mark
• Compliance with quality requirements
A positive outcome of the tests performed at EPIL premises is that they assure access to the Iran market. EPIL offers its clients experience and knowledge in keeping laboratory facilities in line with the most advanced international practices. Quality assurance services are mainly focused on assessing the quality of specific production lines, thus enabling a manufacturer to gain confidence on these issues, especially when preparing to export to other countries or approaching new or demanding customers.
EPIL can deliver a global service covering the assessment, control and surveillance of suppliers of electrical components. This starts with the assessment and review of customers’ technical specifications to evaluate their conformity to national and international standards, right up to in-field verification and overseeing of final and pre-commissioning tests. Our laboratories are accredited according to the following certificates:
• ISO IEC 17025 certificate with a wide scope in Electrical equipment in Oil, Gas, Power, and Telecommunication Industries;
• Calibration center certificate;
• Inspection body certificate;
• EMC and Safety accredited lab according to EU Directives;
• ATEX accredited lab according to EU Directives.
2. Consulting and Manufacturing High-tech Electrical Equipment Research and development of products and equipment serves as the groundwork for intellectual property independence and forms one of our main corporate values. This activity is also linked with the ongoing professional training and improvement of staff in all aspects of the production process. EPIL offers solutions and products. The products are mostly high-tech testing facilities and Power System Simulators. One of our latest products is Power System Simulator. The designed system is capable of analyzing power system phenomena in an exact manner it happens in a real power network from production to consumption. In fact, this system is a small scaled-down model of real power network including generator, transformers, and transmission lines, distribution network, static and dynamic and simulates the characteristics of different parts in a real manner.